Sep 1, 2009

The bed arrives and other random notes

Check this out, I'm quite the blogging fiend lately! Another short update with a mix of different topics.

I was woken up at 9 AM today by someone banging loudly on my door. I got up and answered the door and found a Norwegian handyman standing there with a mattress, finally my bed arrives! He came in and in about 15 minutes my sofa bed was taken apart, hauled out, and the new bed stood fully assembled. He even commented that the sofa bed must have been uncomfortable to sleep on. I just nodded and said, you bet. So without further ado, here's my new bed!

The Bed Arrives!

As far as the random notes go, I'm just going to write up a short list because that seems simplest.

-I've discovered the only product that is actually cheaper in Norway than in Finland, Renu contact lens solution! It came as a surprise to me when the big bottle only cost me approx. 11 Euros, back home it's a whopping 13.

-The Tromsø Buddy meetup on Sunday was fun. I met my buddies, chatted for a bit, and even snagged some free pizza. Grace and I headed home early because she had class the next day and I was just generally tired, but it was certainly worth going.

-Potluck yesterday at Josh's place. We had shepherd's pie, boiled carrots, pizza, and corn chips, with ice cream for dessert. I do enjoy the potluck evenings, so much fun and lots of good food!

-I purchased the Physics book for my course on Sustainable Energy yesterday and started doing the reading. The book is surprisingly good, makes up for the somewhat intense lectures.

No comments: