Dec 10, 2009

UFOs in Norway + 7 k Run 9.12.2009

I was greeted this morning as I turned my computer on by a friend from Tromsø asking me if I was scared. I wasn't sure what he was talking about until I started checking the news from Norway. Apparently there was a strange spiral formed light phenomenon visible in the Norwegian sky yesterday morning around 8AM. Scientists aren't sure what to make of this funny light, and of course the theories range from comets, to rockets, to alien UFOs. Even if the little green men aren't coming to get us quite yet it's still a pretty spooky and interesting event. I'm not sure what to think of it myself, although now I wish I had been there to see it myself. If you want to read more about it check out the article about it over at the Huffington Post.



UPDATE: Apparently the Russian government has now admitted that the mysterious light was in fact the result of a failed rocket launch according to the Tromsø newspaper.

-----------

Running News

My 7 km run went really well. Went running around 1AM with my dad. Started by doing 5k with my dad, then ran an extra 2k loop to come up to the full 7. Ran in pretty much exactly 38 minutes, not too bad. I felt really good the whole time and feel confident that I could have gone much faster if needed. My legs felt good, no stiffness or soreness at all, and the left knee was also problem-free. Breathing was good and under control the whole time also, not breathless after the big hills or anything. Looking forward to my next run on Friday, I think I'll make an effort to do some extra hill work and intervals.

Training planned

10.12: Aerobics 30 min + Biking 30 min (8k)
11.12: Biking 30 min (8k) + 5k run (interval & hill work)

Breakfast: Musli with soy granules, banana, oat milk, tea
Lunch: Spaghetti with a sauce of fresh greens (mizuna, chard), tomatoes & mushrooms
Snack(s): Apple, dark chocolate
Dinner: Sandwich, pickled beets & blackcurrant juice

2 comments:

This is the life of the crazy french guy. said...

Oat Milk.....slurp...slurp....
..................................(how do you call the verb used to describe the estate of somebody totally infatuated by (with ?) the vision of a meal and who has saliva spreading all around his lips ?)
(even if it's more a comic book features...)

Snowyowl said...

Hey sweetie, didn't know you had a blogspot account!

Ok, let's see, the only phrases/verbs I can come up with would be "water at the mouth" or "salivate". My mother might be able to come up with something better. Come on mom, your English teacher skills are needed here!

Have you ever tried oat milk? It's pretty good stuff. :)