Dec 15, 2009

Old friends are good friends

Today was a really good day. I headed in to town (aka Ekenäs) with my dad to run some errands while he had some math lessons. I took the opportunity to meet up with a friend for a chat session at a café and then a trip to the local swimming pool. That was nice, I haven't been swimming in a while since I never seemed to have time the last few weeks in Tromsø. It was also great to sit in a real Finnish sauna for the first time in ages! Finally a sauna which is truly hot and you're allowed to throw water on the rocks!

After that I headed to the store and picked up a few things. The latest issue of the Swedish edition of Runner's World magazine, some oat milk, and some Tartex vegetarian pate. Because as much as I've been enjoying being back home and eating cheese again my skin hasn't. So back to my semi-vegan diet I go. Eggs still seem to be ok, but milk products are out.

Then a quick trip to the barn for a late-night ride. I love riding at 9PM when it's only me and the barn owner who are still there. I'm currently starting Mac up again gently after the vaccination induced break. Bareback riding for about 40 mins, he was stiff and heavy on the reins but got better towards the end. We are supposed to have a riding lesson on Sunday so a lot of work needs to be done before then!

Now a few hours relaxation before I head out with my dad to cap off the day with another late run. Just 5km this time, shouldn't be too bad.

I've also come to the conclusion that the world works in strange ways. I've suddenly been getting e-mails from all of these people that I haven't heard anything from in ages. It seems like it's a good time to reconnect with old friends. I also need to schedule in as many meet-ups with friends as I can before I go back to Norway in January!


Training log:
15.12: Swimming 1km + Ride 40 mins + 5km run
16.12 30 min bike + 50 min ride + 5km run (intervals)
17.12 30 min bike + 1h ride

No comments: