Dec 14, 2009

Night Owls Running

You know that you are a little bit crazy when you head out for a 10km long run at 2AM in blustery winter conditions and the thermometer showing -8C. At least my dad is equally crazy since he came along and ran with me, it really wouldn't have been nice to do alone. Took it very easy, calm pace, just trying to get readjusted to running in snow again after a slight break. All in all a very nice run, I wasn't too tired afterwards and no soreness anywhere. Seems like I also dressed appropriately, since I was a little cold when I started but perfectly comfortable at the end. Next time I schedule a long run though I will try to do it in daylight. However, it was kind of a fun feeling that we started our run before our neighbor got up, ran past for the first time when she was up and getting ready, and returned from the final loop when she had left and the house was dark and quiet again. We also heard the newspapers being delivered as we walked back up the hill after our run.

Training log:
13.12: 10km (1h)
14.12: 25 min walk
15.12: 5km run + Riding 30 min

No comments: